Friday 13 April 2007

Black

Black to me signifies understated elegance,
an aura of mystique, a defining essence.
Black is who and what I am so don't denigrate me,
otherwise you will be engulfed with my incandescent rage, rapidly!

Black is my favourite colour as it goes with everything,
it sartorially transforms the wearer by adding an unquantifiable something.
It has a certain je ne sais quoi, a refining quality,
just attend a black-tie dinner if you don't believe me.

Black has an infinite coolness, it signifies a defining classiness,
an inherent goodness, an inclusive universality.
I don't have time for the stereotypical associative negativity
and believe I have stated my case pretty eloquently.

Black conciousness espoused by Steve Biko is the ultimate aspiration,
let's start with ourselves to overcome the inevitable discrimination.
We need to proclaim it from the rooftops and say it very loud,
that WE ARE BLACK AND WE ARE VERY PROUD!

No comments: