Monday 16 April 2007

Pour ma petite soeur - Bon anniversaire

You are the Yin to my Yang, the day to my night,
you complement me in ways that are just beginning to come to light.
You could actually be my alter ego,
the persona I adopt when I'm in the mood to go with the flow.

Your perspective on life is remarkably well balanced
and its good to see that the setbacks you've faced haven't radically altered your stance.
You're very perceptive and you've got a big heart,
you're extremely selfless and that's just the start.

Your sunny disposition is very endearing,
you're funny and altogether rather appealing.
Like me you sit back and absorb the goings on
though you should occasionally try to make more of a commotion.

I sometimes sense that you don't fully appreciate the immeasurability of your potential,
I do, but self recognition is way more beneficial.
A person's wealth is measured by the quality of their friends
so I guess that means my wealth is without end.

As you celebrate your first birthday after Z's birth,
you will undoubtedly put her needs first.
Nevertheless, I hope you'll be able to set aside some time for yourself
despite Z's reluctance to spend time with anyone else.

Happy Birthday from across the Atlantic
and lots of love from your big sis.

No comments: