Monday 2 April 2007

Fattist!!

There's an American store that has opened up a branch in London and I went along yesterday to see what the fuss is all about.

First off, let me say to management, I am here to shop not to dance so how about some proper lighting please - it was akin to shopping in the gloom!! However, the real shocker for me was the size of the clothing on display. There was nada beyond US size 8 which translates to UK size 12. I was aghast so I went up to ask one of the sales associates (or whatever they are called) about this and she produced a sizing chart which showed that they cater for a UK size 16, but as she pointed out, not in that store. The experience left me distinctly uneasy so I went to Selfridges and consoled myself with two boxes of Jelly Belly (the crème de la crème of jelly beans).

No comments: