Saturday 14 April 2007

My wheels






On account of this, I decided to get myself a set of wheels and not wanting to antagonise Mother Nature any further, I opted for the two wheeled variety.

As you can see, I believe in safe cycling.

She's exhilarating to ride and the guys here kindly fitted her with semi-slick tyres which means I can use her both on and off-road.

She's a GT Avalanche 2.0 and here are pictures of her bell (didn't realise that was a bell!), handlebars and shock absorbers.


I'm in the process of breaking her in and today I did about 25 miles (40km). I'm saddle-sore, but my endorphin count is off the charts, despite the unwanted attention of a bulldog who wanted to play (what is it with dogs and people on bikes?!) - of course I let the dog know that I wasn't interested, despite its efforts to persuade (should that be dissuade!) me.

No comments: